Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fantasy Football: Friend or foe?

Entering Week 8 of the NFL season, my fantasy football team sits at 4-3.  It's my first year playing in a league and it's been real exciting so far.  My star quarterback, Robert Griffin III or RG3, is putting up great numbers for me while the Arizona defense has been good for me as well.

I made a blockbuster trade last week, sending Matt Forte, Cam Newton, Scott Chandler and Brandon Marshall to my buddy Laser in return for Ahmad Bradshaw, Victor Cruz, Tony Romo and Vernon Davis.   It's been the biggest trade in our 12-person league to date.  Whether it pays off remains to be seen.

The biggest thing I like about fantasy is the way you watch the game.  Instead of cheering for a team, or for a certain score like you would betting on Proline or Point Spread, you cheer for individual players at key moments in games.  It makes every individual play that much more exciting.

The worst part about fantasy is the frustration of having a bad week.  There's nothing more painful than putting up less than 90 points and having your co-workers insult the fabric of your being.  For all those uber-competitive sports fans out there, I feel your pain.

Although it's probably distracted me from school work on Sundays, it's been a good way to hang out with my dad - as he's heavy into Proline and football in general.  With the Winnipeg Blue Bombers out of the playoffs, and no Winnipeg Jets to cheer for, it looks like the NFL will be filling the void.

Check out the full fantasy standings HERE
Leave a comment about your fantasy football experiences, teams, trades, etc. I'd love to hear about it.
Till next time, Go Redskins!

1 comment:

  1. "There's nothing more painful than ... "
    First-world problems?

    ReplyDelete